Virtual group edits and meetings

When I recently asked what you need from Tracks, one idea in particular received a lot of support:

I think in this time of home isolation due to the current crisis, we need this more than ever. So, yes, here is the one COVID-19 response that was still missing from your inbox. Tracks now integrates video chats. Simply use the camera icon in the editor.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 14.56.57
You are then asked to name the video chat room. Choose a unique name, because everyone - also from outside of Tracks - who knows or guesses the name can enter the room.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 14.59.18
And that’s it. You have created a video chat room. Feel free to invite people in to socialize or as originally intended, give feedback on a piece that you are working on.

You can record the chat and it will be saved to your Dropbox account. If you want to share the recording, feel free to afterwards include it in a post here on Tracks, but we are not collecting any data from the video chats. In fact, the chats use Jitsi Meet, a free and open source tool, so Jitsi’s terms apply. Jitsi also offers apps for iPhone and Android that work with video chats created here on Tracks as well.

If you want to try it, you can join this room:

Actually, why don’t we try it together? I’ll be in the room from 2020-03-24T16:00:00Z to 2020-03-24T17:00:00Z for a virtual Tracks meeting!

Maybe we can discuss other ways this community should react to the pandemic. I have some ideas…

1 Like