Tracks needs your help

No worries, I’m not going to ask you for money (but something much more precious).

A month ago today, we soft-launched tracks at Mirp in Dublin. Meanwhile, more than 40, let’s be generous and say almost 50 people have signed up. That’s you. Consider yourselves the core of this community.

I set tracks up to the best of my ability. I’ve tried to create a welcoming platform and put quite some thought into how to digitally recreate the atmosphere, that we all experience at radio meetups and conferences. I chose a framework that enables community building and provides many opportunities on the technical level. I think that I’m good at designing a gathering - whether it’s offline or online.

I might not be the best facilitator of gatherings though. That’s where you come in. When you signed up, you all wrote a line or two about why you want to be here. Now it would be awesome, if you helped making those ideas become a reality. Here’s what you can do, from easy to hard:

• Start a new topic. Any topic, big or small. Share something, ask something, or even provoke us.
  • Invite people you know. Let’s grow this community slowly, but steadily. Any radio or podcast professional and anyone working adjacent to radio and podcasting is welcome.
  • Create a group. For starters, there are some existing language groups. If you want to start a new group - public or private, for a language community or anything else - let me know.
  • Become the host of a group. New groups as well as the existing groups need hosts, who invite people in, facilitate discussions, and make sure everything runs smoothly.
  • Become an admin. I’d like more people to take ownership of tracks. It’s also a checks and balances thing: admins have a certain power and they can only be controlled by other admins.

So, what I’m asking for, is a little bit of your time to start engaging on this platform.
Let’s get this rolling!

If you have any other ideas or thoughts about how this core group could work towards a thriving tracks community, post below!

1 Like