FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

About

What is Mirp?

Mirp is the Meeting of Independents in Radio.

Settings

Why do I get so many emails?

For many people, email is the preferred mode of group communication, as opposed to going to a (this) website and checking what’s new. Therefore, by default Mailing List Mode is enabled, sending you an email for every new post. There are several ways to adjust this:

• If there are topics, entire tracks, or tags that you’re not interested in, you can mute them. You can do so at the topic’s, track’s or tag’s page or at Preferences > Tracks > Muted and Preferences > Tags > Muted.
    Alternatively, reply to an email with just the word mute to mute a topic.
  • For more control, you can disable Mailing List Mode at Preferences > Emails. In addition to what you configure on that page, tracks will also send you emails about topics, tracks, or tags that you are tracking or watching, if you are not active on the site.

Why do I get so many notifications?

By default, new users are watching first posts on some tracks, which means they will be notified about new topics on those tracks. To adjust this, go to Preferences > Tracks and check the Watching First Post field as well as Tracking and Watching.

Usability

How can I subscribe to the Events or Deadlines calendar?

The calendar in the Events track has a Subscribe button, so does the Deadlines calendar. On click they will reveal feed URLs for your calendar app.

There is also a calendar that includes both, events and deadlines.